Procedure "if player is in [dimension]" (2021.3 Snapshot 2)

Started by Josephemer on

Topic category: Help with modding (Java Edition)

Last seen on 21:06, 14. Apr 2022
Joined Nov 2021
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Procedure "if player is in [dimension]" (2021.3 Snapshot 2)

So, I didn't find anything about this when I looked, so I'm hoping I can get some help and suggestions here. It's possible that what I'm trying to do can't be do, or possibly I'm missing something obvious.

Basically, I'm trying to use an IF statement to make it so that stuff only happens if the player is currently in a certain dimension, particularly my custom dimension.
Image of an IF statement - IF ID of Dimension Entity is in = blank

I found these blocks, but I have no idea what block goes in that second spot for me to specify an ID. And I also have no idea what the dimension's ID is. I've read previous posts talk about how dimension IDs used to be numerical but now they weren't but I have no idea what they are now or how to know what they are for a custom dimension.

I also thought about how I could use a global variable to do this, have it be something like "isPlayerInDimension", set it to true when they enter and false when they leave. However, I don't want to use global variables if I don't have to, and I'm also not sure if it would set it to false if the player died in the dimension and then respawned in the overworld.

Any help would be appreciated!