How to do a 4x4 Grid Crafting table Wich can work as any crafting table of vanilla plus a 4x4 one

Started by Láregos on

Topic category: Help with modding (Java Edition)

Last seen on 21:02, 30. Nov 2021
Joined Nov 2021
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
How to do a 4x4 Grid Crafting table Wich can work as any crafting table of vanilla plus a 4x4 one

Hi! probably is a lot of topics like this ,but right now im slowly learning and doing stuff at MCreator and i wanted to create at first a 4X4 Crafting table that can work as a vanilla one, is any way of doing that ? I just find tutorials to do specific objects and stuff ,but i wanted it as a upgraded table that can build any vanilla stuff and all i decide to add to it.

Thx to anyone that will spend time to help me :) i know english and spanish if that helps comunication .

Last seen on 21:39, 11. Sep 2022
Joined Nov 2021
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
I am also learning MCreator,…
Tue, 11/30/2021 - 03:24

I am also learning MCreator, but having made mods for years I grasp it fairly well, and to my understanding, the only way to do that would be to re-create every single vanilla recipe for your procedure/table. The issue with that is, its a lot of code that already exists in the game, so it kind of doesn't make sense to add tons of scripting just to repeat the same code.

The other issue is the recipes. Again, I'm still learning myself, so I could be wrong, but from my own testing, when you make recipes for vanilla things, which would be a basic 3x3, when you go to craft that item, it has to be specifically in the correct slots, every time. So to make a sword, it would have to be exactly bottom left for a stick, and 2 ingots above it. Cannot move it over a column. Now, again, while it would be possible to create a recipe for every row/column variation, you'd be looking at an extensive amount of recipes, for vanilla items that already have recipes on a working table.

My advice, would be to keep the table separate.