Creating a Centrifuge Machine

Started by LucasClanCat on

Topic category: Help with modding (Java Edition)

Last seen on 17:16, 20. Jul 2023
Joined Jul 2013
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Creating a Centrifuge Machine
Wed, 12/22/2021 - 07:51 (edited)

Hey y'all,

So I'm relatively new to MCreator, but I want to learn more about how to make more advanced mods with it.

That being said, my first challenge is this:

I want to create a centrifuge machine that is powered by redstone so that the GUI displays "ON" when the machine is powered, and "OFF" when it's not. When the machine is OFF I want the machine to prevent the player from placing items in its input slot, and when the machine is ON, I want it to allow the player to place ONE of SPECIFIC items in the input slot, run for about 30 seconds, then output a newly created item, sorta like a furnace.

For my mod specifically, I'd like the centrifuge to take a bucket of milk, run for about 30 seconds while making a mechanical whirring sound, then output a bucket of cream instead, which would then be the basis for making other dairy products like butter, cheeses, whipped cream, etc.

Any ideas how I could do this? I tried setting up the procedures behind the GUI, but I'm totally confused

Any help would be appreciated! Thankies ^^

Edited by LucasClanCat on Wed, 12/22/2021 - 07:51
Last seen on 22:27, 29. Jan 2023
Joined Aug 2021
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
for displaying On/Off you…
Wed, 06/29/2022 - 10:16

for displaying On/Off you could use an if statement with the "is block at x y z redstone powered" block as condition and set a string nbt tag to on or Off. This can be displayed by Labels in the gui, just click the text slot and scroll down to "<BNBT.text:tagName>" and click it. then you have to change "tagName" to the name you gave the nbt tag.

i think toggling the interactable state of slot can#t be done with procedures, you#d have to write some java code.

You can limit the slot to one specific item in the gui editor. 

For the actual machine function, you should watch this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=asuMnQNgKKE