automatically making items

Started by Derpy101 on

Topic category: Help with modding (Java Edition)

Last seen on 01:26, 23. Apr 2024
Joined Apr 2019
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
automatically making items

So basicly... 

I have this thing that I want to be able to craft stuff in. lets say there are 5 items. regen, resistance, strength, speed and base "cores"

then in this machien you can put them together. in a 2x2 crafting. and you can put them in any order. but the thing is that adds ALOT of new item cores to make. just from the 5

alone that makes 625 items. if we dont count the fact that even if there in different orders there the same one that still is still like 25 items. Is there some kind of way that

I can make one item a "Power Core" and then give it some kind of tag or nbt or something so that it acts like more that one item?

Last seen on 04:28, 26. Jan 2024
Joined Oct 2020
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
yes, however it may require…
Wed, 01/05/2022 - 17:34

yes, however it may require a tiny bit of java knowledge

just on top of my head I can think of a very good idea, however I cant seem to understand what you are trying to do. Could you explain into more detail?

this is what I think you mean:

Block where you can fuse 4 powers into 1, depending on the order the Power Core will have different attributes by an nbt and different texture

am I correct?

Joined Apr 2019
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
WOAH, I forgot I put this…
Fri, 04/22/2022 - 06:24

WOAH, I forgot I put this here. Actually yeah that is what I meant. Now I have moved away from that project but I have the same issue rn but with swords. I want a person to be able to craft _any_ Sword, With all of the stuff I have, Handles, Blades, Edges, Grips, Rods, etc... But I have not a clue on how to do that, I want to make 1 "sword" item, but allow the texture to change and the player to be able to name there weapon. Im sorry im so late to this, I forgot. But this would be VERY helpful!!! Im willing to learn any amount of java required. I already know how to code, just not in java. so Im used to hellish learning over many trys. Please bestow apon me your wisdom!!!!!

Last seen on 04:28, 26. Jan 2024
Joined Oct 2020
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
also you could check mods…
Sat, 04/23/2022 - 00:22

also you could check mods like Tinkers Construct source code or smt, been away from modding so my answers may be vague, don't remember many things abt MC modding tbh

Joined Apr 2019
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Dang I cant believe I missed…
Sat, 04/23/2022 - 00:49

Dang I cant believe I missed out, Thanks for the info though!

Last seen on 13:56, 19. Dec 2022
Joined Feb 2022
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
I had the exact same idea,…
Sun, 04/24/2022 - 13:40

I had the exact same idea, so is there some way to overlay textures on the base item or something using code?