[To Klemen and Gold.] - What is needed to make MCreator Perfect for Mod Distribution.

Started by MarkValhezia1 on

Topic category: Feature requests and ideas for MCreator

Last seen on 14:20, 11. Jun 2023
Joined May 2021
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
[To Klemen and Gold.] - What is needed to make MCreator Perfect for Mod Distribution.

This Post is Especially for Klemen and Goldorion.

Theres alot of MCreator Mods out there even on Curseforge. Most of them are pretty "Un-Creative" / "Not-Creative" but a few of them are pretty well made!

We host a Modpack with 4+ Mill Downloads and we also had few of such mod included in our Modpack. However we decided to delete them for a good reason.

With this post i try to motivate the Developers of MCreator to improvse such features that are missing and with the hope to add the affected MCreator Mods back once they mad such improvement to the Creator tool.

Those Features are Missing and are a MUST-HAVE for each Java Modification:

- Support of .toml Configurations

We know Gold. has made a FileManager plugin but this is indeed not a pretty good way to register configs. it uses NBT/Capabilieties (Eg. variables in MCreator) which isn't a good option. No one will use this in terms of modpack creator.

- Support for Creating Custom Chests and Boats

there a plenty Mods out there with Custom Wood Blocks but you can't craft chests or boats with them which is a main reason why those mods getting yeeted by us Modpack Developers.

- Support Trunk Gen

I see.. some of you don't like Math.. but using Trees as NBT Feature isn't a good way! why? because those don't support REGISTERED SAPLING. we also know that Klemen always said "you can use procedures for that" well ever player Minecolonies? it will cause to crash your Registered Log since the log has no Registered Sapling. give your users the Ability to generate a Trunk Generator with Registered saplings otherwise MCreator mods will crash alongside with others.

- Fix The GUIState Issue you have with Custom GUI's

I saw recently a few MCreator mods which adds Custom GUI's without Input or Output slot. However if you Open the Menu you'll probably see the JEI and FTB Menu as well since the Gui is not correct registered and Minecraft thinks this is a GUI Similar to Crafting Menu/or Player menu.

- Render Element

I also saw MCreator mods are trying to add overlays.. mostly they look so ugly because they pop in and out instead of Fading like in MC 1.17.X (Freeze Effect)

- Overlay/GUI Anchor Points

I recently saw a MCreator survival mod which adds new HUD elements.. i assume they also use Capabilities instead of Attributes.. however.. if you change the gui size they will move away from the hotbar.. a reason why we wil ldelete your mod ^^.

- Possibility to Add Attributes instead of using Capabilities/Variables

- Please in the name of god... don't let your users use Capabilities/Variables/Tags to handle Attribute like Mechanics... if they wand to add "Mana" / "Drink Water" or other mechanics in terms of a new HUD Element or whatever add a way to add Custom Attributes.

- Portal Animation

Well do i really need to talk about that? Normaly when you go throug a Nether Portal the nausea effect plays (don't tell your users to use procedures here again thats not how it works)

- Portal Shape/Activator

Its fine to have a nether like portal but is it really so hard to give your users the ability to use a custom shape?its literally .json work and not anything code related (most of it)

Those are a few things our Team comes in mind. Everytime one of this issues happens we instantly open the .jar and check if theres a procedure folder in it so we can yeet the mod. We also work now on a mod which automatically detecs MCreator mods because some of your users don't use the MCreator Tag which was added exactly because of this to CurseForge.

I hope the Developer will fix those said issues because those issues exist on every single MCreator mod.

Support of .toml…
Tue, 01/04/2022 - 23:40

Support of .toml Configurations

I already plan to implement them into MCreator, but we are in a porting to new MC versions period since August. From August to December, we were porting to MC 1.17.1 and improving custom generators. However, it took a lot of time, so we finished when 1.18 has been released and Forge was much faster than we expected. They released their first version on day 1 when they usually took several weeks to release it. So now, we are working on porting to Minecraft 1.18 for a few more weeks. Then, we will hopefully have the time to make a feature update before 1.19. About my plugin, I know it isn't the best way to make config files, but for the moment, this is the best option. :/ I can check if it would be possible to fully support the Forge's config system in the plugin though. It'll be hard (if it's possible) and it won't be the most user-friendly thing, but it can be another option while it's not properly implemented into MCreator.

Support for Creating Custom Chests and Boats

Both are planned, but they need some time to be implemented. Hopefully, I'll have the time in the feature update (2022.2).

Support Trunk Gen

We already talked about this (real features in general) internally and Klemen wants to have a 3D editor for this, so you will need to wait for more ( I can't say when the editor will be finished, but it's not until the end of the summer for sure).

Fix The GUIState Issue you have with Custom GUI's

If you have a bug, open a bug report on the issue tracker. https://github.com/MCreator/MCreator/issues

Render Element

If the fading effect is a new feature of 1.17, we simply didn't have the time to implement it.

Overlay/GUI Anchor Points

This bug is a very old one. I remember having it when I started using MCreator (~1.7.6).

Possibility to Add Attributes instead of using Capabilities/Variables

I agree with you on this point. It's totally a mess currently.

Portal Animation

Use a procedure! Just kidding, I'll add it to my TODO list.

Portal Shape/Activator

Portals are not supported in the JSON system. They still require to be made in Java. Currently, it can be made with a bit of work using a procedure.

If you have some Java knowledge, don't hesitate to help implement some new features to MCreator or add support for the latest MC version. We will be glad to get some more help :) https://github.com/MCreator/MCreator/pulls

Joined May 2021
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Thank you for your prompt…
Wed, 01/05/2022 - 05:22

Thank you for your prompt reply! it is nice to know that all of these points are being worked on!
I would leave a snippet of code here and there that you can implement, but I won't clone and contribute to the github now since i work on seven mod projects which also needs to be ported to Forge 1.18.1 and as you may know mixins are a huge problem there sometimes :'D

i really hope we can implement mods like "Nurished end and nether" back again to our modpacks after those points are implemented and i also hope i'll find free time in february to look over the github branch from mcreator.

Joined May 2021
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
about this: Fix The GUIState…
Wed, 01/05/2022 - 05:24

about this:

Fix The GUIState Issue you have with Custom GUI's

If you have a bug, open a bug report on the issue tracker. https://github.com/MCreator/MCreator/issues

it is not really an issue you use GUIState to make gui's which is right when it is some kind of Inventory GUI.

However if you want to make a GUI with just buttons GUIState is wrong to use ^^ /eg GLState.

Joined May 2021
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
You should use a Container…
Wed, 01/05/2022 - 05:25

You should use a Container for GUI with buttons only.

Joined May 2021
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Shouldn't be a container…
Wed, 01/05/2022 - 05:26

Shouldn't be a container excuse me.

Joined May 2021
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Hey Goldorion just asking…
Sat, 05/27/2023 - 05:58

Hey Goldorion just asking after one year if there was any progress with Boats, Signs, the 3D Editor, Attribute, GUI Anchor Points, Portal Animation.

:) would be cool to hear from you! 

Most of them are still…
Sat, 05/27/2023 - 10:32

Most of them are still planned, but nobody sarted to work on one of them from what I know. 

However, some features you listed can now be used with an external Java plugin, such as the custom configs. NerdyPuzzle made a plugin for that... it might be not the best implementation, but it cam be used at least. Concer ong attributes, I think someone also made a plugi  for them, bur I'm not sure if it's still supported.

Custom trees are planned to be added in the new ceature mod element. I can't tell when because it's a mod element made by one contributor only, but it's definitely in the plans to be added.

I think the anchor problem is fixed. Last time I tested co.pknents moved correctly, so I guess it's fixed now.

Custom portal shapes is surely not something we will work on soon because it's quite easy to use a procedure to make it.

I hope it answered to your questions and as we always say, be patient and everything will come someday :D

Joined May 2021
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Thanks for letting me know…
Tue, 05/30/2023 - 08:57

Thanks for letting me know. As you can see im gery patient :D just asking one year later friendly and calmly hehe!

Yea looking forward too it when Boats, Signs gets added so the wood family is done. Thanks for your answer!