Windows's The Quintessence Devblog 2: Quintessence Generation Brokenness, Working Reputation, and 1.17.1 Update!

Started by The Windows Ex… on

Topic category: Mod showcase and discussion

Last seen on 02:17, 6. Jun 2022
Joined Feb 2021
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Windows's The Quintessence Devblog 2: Quintessence Generation Brokenness, Working Reputation, and 1.17.1 Update!

I'm back! Welcome to Devblog 2 for Windows's The Quintessence

I recently started modding again, and I decided to upgrade the mod to 1.17.1, and I got a funny generation error with the Quintessence dimension (seen below). For some reason it didn't teleport me to the right location, it teleported me below the central island where I found that there is a grid of single block wide terrain, and it alternates between water oceans and lava oceans, no clue what is causing it so I'll have to dive into the files. Anyways, I recently got reputation working also! Now, it uses a system combining global variables and entity NBTs to give each player their own reputation that is preserved and updated in all scenarios, though it should be noted that I found that after death, it displays as 0, but as soon as you attack an entity it updates, so don't worry about that! This new system should work in multiplayer also. It should be noted however, that any animal or mob that isn't defined as either, UNDEAD, ILLAGER, or ANTHROPOD will subtract 1 reputation point, but attacking armor stands, end crystals, and similar will not change reputation. This does cause some trouble with getting food and/or defending yourself from endermen and creepers, but it is fixable, though it will take a lot of work, and will be fixed in a future update. But what now? Well, I want to work on Transcendence, a spawn structure for inside the Quintessence, and quests and mobs. Those are the next major goals. The updated reputation system, 1.17.1 update, and fixed tress will all be introduced in the next update! Stay tuned, as it is coming soon!Funny generation

Last seen on 09:43, 1. Jun 2022
Joined Apr 2021
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Looking great!  Wishing luck…
Sun, 01/30/2022 - 13:31

Looking great! 

Wishing luck on this amazing mod. :)