Help making a modded smithing recipe work

Started by WinterWings on

Topic category: Help with modding (Java Edition)

Last seen on 04:04, 8. Feb 2022
Joined Feb 2022
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Help making a modded smithing recipe work

I've been trying to set up a few modded smithing recipes, and so far they work properly in that they produce the right end product item when crafted. However, I've set one of the custom items used in the recipes to be returned upon being used in crafting in its item properties, but it is still consumed when used in the smithing recipe. Does anyone have advice or a procedure they could share to make the item either return to the player inventory or remain in the smithing table gui after crafting?

Last seen on 08:48, 4. Feb 2022
Joined Apr 2021
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
can you post a picture of…
Fri, 02/04/2022 - 08:11

can you post a picture of the gui and of the procedure?

Last seen on 04:04, 8. Feb 2022
Joined Feb 2022
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
I don't have a working…
Fri, 02/04/2022 - 14:49

I don't have a working procedure. I'm using the vanilla smithing table for several recipes and I've made a hammer tool for use in those recipes. I'd like to have it consume durability on the tool rather than consume the item entirely, but as far as I can tell this is impossible without making a custom procedure to place another copy of the tool into either the smithing table gui or the player inventory when the player crafts the item. I haven't been able to find a way to tie an event to the action of crafting the item though so I'm at a dead end.

Last seen on 02:02, 13. May 2024
Joined Nov 2022
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
I'm just scrolling trying to…
Tue, 11/15/2022 - 04:34

I'm just scrolling trying to find a solution to my thing lol but if the item you're modding in is a tool, there's two boxes you can check in the Properties tab to both make the tool not be consumed when it is used in a recipe, and damage the tool when it is used.