Player Temperature

Started by uhmshadow on

Topic category: Help with modding (Java Edition)

Last seen on 20:13, 19. Dec 2022
Joined Jan 2021
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Player Temperature
Sun, 02/20/2022 - 21:09 (edited)

How would you go about making player temperature (like in a heat or cold mod), varying in certain biomes and around certain blocks/items. And with overlays? Just dont know how to or where to start.

Edited by uhmshadow on Sun, 02/20/2022 - 21:09
Last seen on 04:28, 26. Jan 2024
Joined Oct 2020
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
start with the player…
Mon, 02/21/2022 - 00:32

start with the player variable (or nbt, but don't do nbt) called bodyTemperature I suppose

Last seen on 23:12, 13. Aug 2023
Joined Nov 2020
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
1.make all textures for…
Mon, 02/21/2022 - 01:03

1.make all textures for temperatures; hot, cold, neutral, and stuff inbetween. most mods with temperature use a circle above the hotbar

2.make a new *OVERLAY* not gui and put all of the art on the screen, it doesnt matter where rn.

3.save the overlay for now and make a new procedure. type in the searchbar "temperature" and take out the first result

4.go the the minecraft wiki and get biome temperatures (https://minecraft.fandom.com/wiki/Biome)

5. make an amount of procedures = the number of textures you made

6. do this for every procedureImage

(and Else; Return false.)

7.assign each procedure to its respective temperature image display condition (double click on each image) in the UI.

8. stack all of the textures atop eachother in the UI (oh yeah, make sure the textures have the same shape)

9.make another procedure that tells what temp you are in and applies the effects, like this: (and make the global trigger "loaded entity tick and make this only apply to players)Image

this should work... i think

Joined Jan 2021
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
holy cheese balls (idk if i…
Mon, 02/21/2022 - 22:00

holy cheese balls (idk if i can cus in here lol) this is a perfect example of helping. i will come back to this form if i have any troubles. thank you and expect a thirst mod with maybe temperature in it ;)

Last seen on 13:56, 19. Dec 2022
Joined Feb 2022
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
I need something similar to…
Mon, 02/21/2022 - 22:08

I need something similar to this but when your in a cold biome/place I need your temp to start decreasing, or the opposite when your in a warm biome.

Joined Jan 2021
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
oh so not just to jump to it…
Mon, 02/21/2022 - 22:24

oh so not just to jump to it. maybe it would be better to make multiple overlays as a bootleg animation for the different temperature when going down/up. then assigning those procedures but instead of making one really cold one a one really hot one, make many as they start to go up or down. not sure if this works :/ just a thought

Last seen on 04:46, 14. Mar 2024
Joined Nov 2023
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
what would be nice is a…
Sat, 12/23/2023 - 08:12

what would be nice is a procedure to Set Temperature on a block (air or wtv) so we could make Heaters and ACs :D

is this possible maybe?

Last seen on 04:46, 14. Mar 2024
Joined Nov 2023
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
im going to do a overlay for…
Sat, 12/23/2023 - 08:14

im going to do a overlay for my mod that will show a small termometer that chance the bar with the biome temperature uhmshadow, if u want more help let me know