Adding effect from another mod

Started by Alm on

Topic category: Help with modding (Java Edition)

Last seen on 11:59, 11. Aug 2022
Joined Feb 2022
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Adding effect from another mod

Hi, is there any way to add compatibility with the effect procedure using other mods as dependencies?

E.g. I have an effect from another mod (Which is marked as a dependency in the mods.toml), that I want to add from the dependant using procedures for a faster workflow, without having to lock the code to import the effect from the dependency and edit the procedure itself.

I couldn't find a way, but is it possible to use tags inside effects? Like you would by using an item "modid:itemname", but instead of itemstacks, with effects

(I want to add them natively, as with commands I can only apply the effects to players (also there isn't any UUID(s) identifier(s) for entities), so if I want to add to an iterator that isn't a player I don't think it's possible, If it is, I'd be grateful if you can give me an explanation/example :).)

> Also tried adding the source code into src/main but doesn't seem to detect the effects.

If this is not possible via these methods, is it possible by creating a plugin for that specific API? And If that is possible, any guide on how to make the plugins? I've tried @Goldorion 's MCR Plugin Creator from github but it doesn't seem to work, and there isn't any docs available that I could find.

In advance, thanks for reading and hopefully you guys can help me. ^^

Last seen on 19:13, 23. Apr 2024
Joined Sep 2020
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
First make a procedure with…
Sat, 03/05/2022 - 08:12

First make a procedure with a placeholder then lock the code and replace the item id with what you want. To get other mods item id just run it on minecraft and use JEI or press F3+H, but remember asking permission of the author first

Last seen on 11:59, 11. Aug 2022
Joined Feb 2022
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Yeah, I'm already doing that…
Sat, 03/05/2022 - 10:28

Yeah, I'm already doing that as stated but is it possible to do it without locking the code? To get a faster workflow. If not, should I make a feature suggestion post about adding tag usage in effects?

Last seen on 19:13, 23. Apr 2024
Joined Sep 2020
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
To put other mod id locking…
Sat, 03/05/2022 - 15:11

To put other mod id locking code is the only way, or you have to wait for a mcreator mod id support

Last seen on 14:54, 25. Apr 2024
Joined Dec 2016
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
With commands you can also…
Sun, 03/06/2022 - 19:59

With commands you can also apply those effects to entities, either using @e[limit=1,sort=nearest] or using @s instead of @p and making the command be runned by that entity (@s affects the entity that ran the command, @p affects the nearest player)