How do I get Villagers to use my custom doors?

Started by SerpTheJester on

Topic category: Help with modding (Java Edition)

Last seen on 14:13, 27. Oct 2023
Joined Mar 2022
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
How do I get Villagers to use my custom doors?

So I wanted to make some custom doors, so I did and everything seemed to work until I tried to see if villagers could use the doors and I can't figure out why but they can't. I've tried to use all the door related AI path node types in the Advanced Properties but I can't figure out why they can't open the door themselves. If anyone has the solution I'd love to hear it because I've tried to look it up and I haven't found one yet. If you need more info please ask.

I assume this may be…
Thu, 03/17/2022 - 10:38

I assume this may be dependent on tags. Try adding doors to block tag "wooden_doors" under minecraft namespace. I see this tag being used by Biomes You'll Go, so I assume this may be correct way of handling that.

Last seen on 14:13, 27. Oct 2023
Joined Mar 2022
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Toma400 if it's not a bother…
Fri, 03/18/2022 - 18:58

Toma400 if it's not a bother could you send a picture or explain what the code looks like?

It's not code, it's just tag…
Wed, 03/23/2022 - 23:43

It's not code, it's just tag element in MCreator. Tag it as "wooden_doors", select "minecraft" namespace and "type of tag" should be "blocks".

Last seen on 14:26, 27. Apr 2024
Joined Sep 2023
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Thanks so much, I really…
Wed, 09/27/2023 - 18:41

Thanks so much, I really wanted to create doors for new villages, and they weren't being opened and closed by villagers