User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Clarification on the mod posting guidelines

I think the mod posting guidelines are kinda harsh:

- I don't get why an image with the Minecraft hotbar or a white background will get the mod removed, because the mod's content can still be good

- Why does the description have to be 300 characters?

- Low quality (ex. ruby tools) mods don't seem to do anything bad, they're just a way for new modders to learn how to implement stuff and if you take their mod page down for low effort then they might get frustrated (I did)

- This seems to be less of a "you should do this to make your mod look good" and more of a "you have to do this or else it'll get taken down"

Last seen on 20:27, 5. May 2024
Joined Sep 2020
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
MCreator has this rules…
Fri, 03/18/2022 - 12:25

MCreator has this rules because there are a lot (trust me A LOT) of spam or low effort mods every day. This mods make the site very ugly for a newcommer and is for this reason many people consider MCreator mods as low effort, even very good ones. But the most important things is that MCreator is offering for FREE a site where you can host your mod. Server mantaining isnt cheap :P

You can believe me, 91arrows…
Sat, 03/19/2022 - 23:42

You can believe me, 91arrows, a lot of mods that are "edge case" gets through, be it thanks to moderators being a bit too respectful for low quality mods, or due to Klemen correcting our choices and giving chances to mods that we marked as not valuable enough. So posting guidelines are absolutely minimum of what normal person would require, else we will end up having mostly crappy mods, and noone wants that - neither users, MCreator team, nor even people publishing such things. Believe me or not, but there are people which are thankful for such restrictions, because this motivates them to get better and they understand that decision after a while.

And what Librarian said about hosting is also very true - 20MB limit for file size isn't because we like limitations, it's just generating costs to host so big modbase. Without restrictions, cost for that would be insane.

Last seen on 12:31, 22. Jan 2024
Joined Jul 2017
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
makes sense but I think it…
Mon, 03/21/2022 - 16:37

makes sense but I think it should be clarified on the guidelines page

Last seen on 20:10, 10. Dec 2023
Joined Mar 2022
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
If the ruby-emerald-obsidian…
Sun, 03/27/2022 - 22:04

If the ruby-emerald-obsidian toolset rule wasn't there, Mcreator would probably be swamped with bad mods every day clogging out the good ones.