This is the page, where you can learn all about posting modifications on MCreator's community. Keep in mind, that we only allow mods made using MCreator!
Making a good modification page
Making a good picture
Selecting a good picture is sometimes just as important as making a good mod in the first place. A good picture makes your mod more attractive which is what every mod creator wants to achieve. You must have permission for using it! The best way is making the picture yourself which can be done using various free programs such as Gimp, paint.net or paid programs such as Photoshop. We advise you not to use Paint since the quality of pictures made with it often doesn't meet our requirements. The pictures mustn't have a white background. You can use mod's screenshot instead, but be sure that it isn't an inventory screenshot and that it doesn't contain the hotbar (press the F1 key). Using a random picture or one that doesn't meet the basic standards mentioned above will result in permanent removal of your mod!
Making a good description
Making a good description for your mod is essential as it's the last thing one sees before downloading the mod. It can truly be the deciding factor for some to either download your mod or not. The description has to be written in the English language! Any other languages in your mod's description will result in permanent removal of your mod. Bilingual descriptions are not allowed as well. Doing so will lead to the removal of the non-English parts.
The Minimal length of the description is 150 characters!
Mod version control
If you have multiple versions of mods, you don't need to make a new mod page for each version, even if the mod is for different versions of Minecraft. In such a case, select the highest supported version of Minecraft as the version mod supports. Mod sequels are allowed to be posted as different modifications since they usually differ from predecessors by a lot. Duplicates will be removed.
Undesirable mod types
- Ore packs: mods such as ruby mod, emerald mod, (insert ore name here) ore mod, more ores types of mods, unless there is additional value to the mod
- Basic more commands mods: mods only adding commands such as set spawn, game mode, or other basic tasks without new original commands
- Tool and armor packs: similar to the category above
- More weapons mod, unless there is an additional added value to the mod
- More recipes mods, unless there is an added value
- "A little bit of everything" mods
- OP swords, tools, hammers, wands, ...
- Hacks and cheats mods
- Colored blocks types of mods without any additional functionality
- Herobrine mods
- Testing mods only made to test out the functionality of MCreator
A general rule of thumb is that if the mod has original content, it is allowed in regards to this section.
Not putting much effort into the mod's page may cause that it won't be as popular as it could be or it might even be removed by the site moderators.