Custom Flower Patches

Started by MinerMew on

Topic category: Help with modding (Java Edition)

Last seen on 17:36, 3. Feb 2024
Joined Jun 2019
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Custom Flower Patches

I'm in the process of updating my mod Pollinate to 1.17/1.18 and in that process I've ended up streamlining a lot of core mechanics and added a lot of new features (as it always goes, I'm not good at keeping my hands off the code as I update it).

One of the things I wanna add is a feature where flowers of different types and colors spawn in clumps in some biomes. It would be like how the flower patches spawn now, but instead of just one flower it would have a number of random ones. The only way I can think to do this is to make a bunch of structures that mimic the natural flower generation, but I don't know if there's a way to make them "stick" to the ground instead of having a fixed Y value. I've also tried using the "additional generation conditions" in the generation of one flower but that didn't work as I thought it would.

Any help or ideas would be appreciated!

Last seen on 23:00, 1. Sep 2023
Joined Mar 2022
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
isn't this just controlled…
Sat, 04/02/2022 - 03:14

isn't this just controlled by the options in the 'generation' tab of your flower (plant) item? by adjusting 'patch size' and 'spawn frequency'?

Last seen on 17:36, 3. Feb 2024
Joined Jun 2019
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
That adjusts the size of a…
Sat, 04/02/2022 - 17:09

That adjusts the size of a patch with a single flower type in it. What I'm trying to do is have flowers spawned in patches like this dynamically:

flower patch

I made this patch by hand but I'm hoping that I can find a way to make these dynamically for each flower color and spread them through certain biomes.

Last seen on 21:26, 28. May 2022
Joined May 2022
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
I want to do the same thing…
Wed, 05/18/2022 - 01:52

I want to do the same thing and I've found no solution for it, this is the first board I've seen that has asked this question.  The closest thing I can think of for a solution is to increase the spawn frequency and decrease the patch size so that all the flowers kind of mix together.