"On structure generated" procedure not functioning?

Started by ChainmailPickaxe on

Topic category: Help with modding (Java Edition)

Last seen on 19:59, 3. Oct 2023
Joined May 2018
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
"On structure generated" procedure not functioning?

I am trying to create a system where the structure I want is generated a little after the world generates to avoid the structure breaking like it always does when the world handles it. To do this, I made effectively a blank structure (a little clump of structure voids) and set that to generate. Then I made a procedure to generate the actual structure after a short delay and set it to the "On structure generated" section. However, the procedure I put in (Which has exclusively a block to generate a structure at XYZ within a short tick-delay block) does not seem to be doing anything at all.

I modified the procedure to also attempt to run a command to write something in the chat and that isn't happening either. 

I also tried a system where I create a block that is set to generate the desired structure a little bit after it is created then set that to generate as a structure and it didn't seem to trigger either.

Last seen on 06:01, 19. Apr 2024
Joined May 2021
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Chewdog did it and explained…
Sun, 04/10/2022 - 06:51

Chewdog did it and explained it in a Youtube video several months ago, and it still works in newer MCreator versions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-hWH56omnq8

He also included the download link for the working procedure in the description. He uses a dummy entity, kills it in the first few ticks and then the entity spawns the structure. Also added a procedure that established a distance between dummy entities/spawned structures (change the values as needed).

Just make sure to add a delay in the structure spawning (Woodcreatures' recommendation), it will help if the structure is really big. These are my tests, now they are fully functional (above and below ground) in my mods.

https://mcreator.net/forum/81237/question-about-structure-spawning-1165-mcreator-20212

And this

Hope it helps.