Joined Mar 2022
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Making a Fishing Rod with a custom drop/loot

Im trying to do a custom fishing rod with a custom loot. I tried loot tables and other thinges, but I cant do it. It would be so nice if someone could bring me some help :D

Last seen on 12:31, 22. Jan 2024
Joined Jul 2017
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
i don't think custom fishing…
Thu, 05/12/2022 - 15:20

i don't think custom fishing rods can be implemented formally yet, but you can imitate it by making a regular item and a fishing bobber entity, when you right click in the air using the item, it spawns the fishing bobber and overrides its motion vector to the direction you are facing

on the tick update of the fishing bobber, it would check if the block under the one it's occupying is water, and then have a random chance to spawn some particles and set a variable to true, and after a certain amount of time the the variable is set to false when the fish goes away, but if you right click again it would fling the bobber toward you and despawn the bobber and you can either use a loot table somehow, or just use procedures with random chances to give you items

yeah it is pretty complex, you can post your progress here and we can solve any errors