Joined Feb 2019
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
1.18 snapshot build biome issue

so i was using the newest snapshot build for 1.18/2022.1 pt2.

when i make any biome, dosnt matter the size or how common it is, the same problem.

when i try to locate a custom biome (i tried all the possible weights) and all high possibilities

locating would say "cannot find biome (biome) within a reasonable distance" and its super rare to accually find one when looking and world hopping. even if i max the spawn weight

now the biome gen is the worst part it was 1: underwater and only a few chunks large (or) 2:really tiny size of a small lake

it would be nice to have custom biomes like the older mcreator builds did as they were generating properly before the full 1.18 build comes out

Last seen on 13:57, 24. Apr 2024
Joined Oct 2020
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Yeah its so weird, my me and…
Mon, 04/11/2022 - 18:19

Yeah its so weird, my me and my friend was experiencing the same thing. I did some investigations and I ended up opening the live generated code viewer and I noticed that whenever I changed those specific options nothing changed in the code, it seems that it works when you remake the biome but if the biome was updated from like a older version of Minecraft it doesn't work :/ so strange...

Last seen on 08:09, 24. Apr 2024
Joined May 2021
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Personally I was learning…
Mon, 04/11/2022 - 21:28

Personally I was learning how to create biomes manually before the latest snapshot. I noticed that Minecraft 1.18.x uses a different but difficult to understand way to generate the biomes. The settings for each biome must be unique. If two biomes have the same setting, Minecraft will not find/generate it. That is why we see the - cannot find biome (x) within a reasonable distance. For the biomes, I am mostly creating caves ... try changing and keep track of the following values. 

Mostly the base height and height variation does the trick, but I try to expand the changes. In my tests I have learned that two biomes should not have the same settings (if so, they won't be found with commands), clearly 1.18.x has changed a lot. 

Hope this helps

Last seen on 10:44, 24. Apr 2024
Joined Jan 2017
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
maybe a video would help…
Thu, 06/30/2022 - 07:21

maybe a video would help better than explain