Joined Jul 2019
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Server Freezing

Ah, another day modding and another bug. Thankfully not thankfully I think it is mcreator not me.

Essentially I'm trying to make an item that when swung will launch the player in the direction their looking. The server freezes when the item is swung, freezing as in chunks are loading either insanely slowly or not at all, mobs pathfinding is gone and can't be damaged, items can't be dropped etc. The client is fine, can still move around, teleport (chunks still don't load) in fact my item works launching the player. Leaving the world and rejoining doesn't unfreeze the world, and neither does leaving the game entirely. Tried regenerating code but sadly to no success.

I am using a ranged item for this and despawning the projectile instantly, I also have a cooldown procedure which coolsdown the item on use. Both of these appear to work with my other items.

I wouldn't think these would be the issue but I can supply a list of the plugins I have currently installed.

Log

Procedures

The procedure

Last seen on 12:31, 22. Jan 2024
Joined Jul 2017
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
when you build does it give…
Mon, 04/18/2022 - 20:34

when you build does it give you any errors

and are you sure the launching is what's causing the error

Last seen on 13:58, 21. Jan 2023
Joined Mar 2021
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
what on earth is this code,…
Sat, 05/07/2022 - 02:30

what on earth is this code, You do know you could raytrace instead of this insanity and that would lower the strain on the Servers functionality and it would be simpler to do so then just multiply the number by the raytracing, you could make it just do it for say .01 blocks then multiply that by multiples of hundreds.so if the player is in a wall it technically still works.

Last seen on 02:22, 16. Jul 2023
Joined Jul 2019
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
I forgot I created this :/…
Wed, 05/18/2022 - 09:44

I forgot I created this :/

It has been resolved (I ended up just removing specific procedures until it stopped breaking to determine the breaking procedure) and the issue wasn't that but despawning an entity (I think it was despawning the player on server but not the client which led to all kinds of weirdness)

How would raytracing help in this circumstance? As the item flings the player into the air in the direction their facing. And with it having at least a second cooldown even if inefficient I can't see being laggy (at least compared to chunks loading as it's roughly the same as elytra I've found).