Help with Grapple Procedure

Started by Aeternis.Prime on

Topic category: Help with modding (Java Edition)

Last seen on 00:45, 7. Feb 2024
Joined Mar 2022
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Help with Grapple Procedure

I've been trying to make a selective grappling hook item for a mod I'm making, and I'm having issues with the procedures.

The way I've set it up has a ranged item, the actual grapple, that fires a projectile to detect whether the block is grapple-compatible. If it is, a second ranged item, the grapple dragger, is fired from the player's position that drags the player to that block.

My issue is that the dragger drags them inside of the block, instead of next to it. I've already tried using blockpos for the coordinates, which doesn't fix the issue and makes the drag look choppier.

The Drag procedure is as follows: https://imgur.com/a/ukwKTOq

Last seen on 15:34, 1. Mar 2024
Joined Mar 2022
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
I have create a similar…
Sat, 04/30/2022 - 20:43

I have create a similar weapon but I have only say "set player position to XYZ" and that work.

and if you tp player to Y+0.5 ?

Last seen on 00:45, 7. Feb 2024
Joined Mar 2022
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Thanks. That deals with the…
Thu, 05/05/2022 - 21:00

Thanks. That deals with the vertical element of my issue, which is genuinely helpful.

I also probably should have mentioned this in the initial post, but this is for the "while bullet flying" trigger (which I honestly think is part of the problem). I think what I really need is a way to despawn the projectile before it hits the block.