Can't Make Custom Ocean Biomes Anymore

Started by endcollector on

Topic category: Help with modding (Java Edition)

Last seen on 13:43, 18. Apr 2024
Joined Oct 2020
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Can't Make Custom Ocean Biomes Anymore
Fri, 04/29/2022 - 16:35 (edited)

Hellooo! Before I updated my mod to 1.18 I used to be able to make custom ocean biomes in my custom dimension that were flat and deep in the ground. But now after I updated to 1.18 the oceans aren't very deep and there are constant giant mountains. I know this is because of the new 1.18 generation but I am surprised that I can no longer edit the height variation like that anymore (I have also tried editing the actual dimensions code like weirdness, erosion, etc) do any of you know how to replicate a ocean biome again?

Edited by endcollector on Fri, 04/29/2022 - 16:35
Last seen on 01:07, 21. Nov 2022
Joined Mar 2021
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
^ This. I just updated…
Tue, 05/17/2022 - 01:53

^ This. I just updated mcreator/swapped to 1.18 and while checking out the new stuff I realized my ocean biome currently is a plateau of sand about 10 blocks above sea-level. Setting biome height to negatives used to put it below sea-level and make it an ocean. Negatives don't seem to do anything anymore. Is this a bug or is there an alternative way to make oceans now? Has anyone found a solution?

Last seen on 13:43, 18. Apr 2024
Joined Oct 2020
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Yep... I haven't yet…
Tue, 05/17/2022 - 03:35

Yep... I haven't yet discovered a solution. In 1.18 the biome gen has gotten all wonky and now I don't think it is no longer possible without extensive custom code, so I'm pretty sure this isn't a bug because of this issue that was posted:

https://github.com/MCreator/MCreator/issues/2696

The owner of MCreator says it isn't a bug so that sucks... I will continue looking for a solution and maybe datapacks might be the answer but I'm not 100% sure