User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
What functions should we need to improve MCreator

Hello everyone.

The last time i've made a topic about suggestions what functions should we have in MCreator even on the forum and on the discord server and I'm glad to see that many of my suggestions have been added in the last 3 years. Here is another list which I guess are the weak points of MCreator and should be improved in the near future.

Global Triggers
I think that global triggers is one of the weakpoints of this software. Many things we should want to create in an advanced level but do not want to use custom code and global triggers is the answer for that. The list of the triggers should be increased with features added by plugins. Some of my ideas:
-Item is cooked/cooked on the campfire
-Item is created on the anvil
-Potion is brewed
(And so on with the new crafting blocks to have some interact with them)

More ways to interact with vanilla crafting tables 

-Like when the player missing a variable/procedure make a procedure block to forbid interactions inside the crafting grid and change the outcome without adding a loot table

GUI Overlay editor needs some improvements
-A small "lock" button next to the delete button to lock the elements inside the GUI so we do not move them accidentally
-Adding a small new drop down window inside when we adding any kind of elements to an overlay where we can set up where we want to anchor the actual element 
-Apply the new search bar menu to the "Add text" button, this would be cool so we do not have to search for 1 variable between 500 other
-More interaction with the GUI slots. It's really cool that we can now have much more options and we can set up procedures in certain conditions but we should have some sort of a new procedure element or something like that in order to controll the players that on what condition can they take out the items from a slot. For example this one should be usefull for a shop GUI. 

One of my older requests: Adding a better variable selector. I've got like 300+ variables now and it's literally nearly impossible to keep searching manually for each one of the variables. Making a totally new variable selector like an opening window with the list of the variables and with a search bar should also make things easier for larger mods. The same can be done to the procedure editor "Call Procedure" element since having a lots of procedures can slow down the searching on the list the more elements you've got.
I've seen it has been applied to the procedures so please if i may ask make it real for the variable dropdown menu too.

There is just many other thing I would like to write down but I do not want to be greedy :) 

Thank you for reading it :)