Started by TheCartoonWizard on Sun, 05/08/2022 - 05:20
Topic category: Troubleshooting, bugs, and solutions
here are a few bugs i have found:
1. some biomes that generated fine before now generate underwater i think its because after the update its using the new 1.18 world height so now biomes are spawning under where they should be.
2. when using normal vanilla biomes with custom ones in a dimension the vanilla ones spawn either to much or to large causing you to not be able to teleport to your custom ones with the locatebiome command as they ALWAYS read that there are none in a reasonable distance.
3. it apears that because of the #1 thing i mentioned here that the biomes that are generating properly will sometimes be part underwater but also have mountains making the terrain wildly inconsistent even when biome min/max height specify otherwise.
5.biome parents are broken again meaning that if i make a biome the same class and make one the parent of the other they still spawn tens of thousands of blocks apart from each other and instead of my snow biomes spawning next to each other when they all have the same parent and all are classed as icy they still dont spawn next to one another and they continue to spawn next to deserts instead of other cold/icy biomes or even plains/forest biomes (on further inspection it looks like biome parent isnt even in the biome maker anymore)
6. some plants aren't using there spawning conditions for example i have 18 plants that spawn in my custom swamp biomes with 10 of them being water ones and for some reason my second lowest spawning one is taking up most of the space and even after turning it down further it hasn't changed
7. it now appears that custom biomes will spawn inside each other and completly gunk up operations and flow for example a desert biome spawns and there is a 32x32 strip of a frost biome running threw it
8. it now appears lakes and rivers spawn in biome and force themselves to do so which is annoying by itself but lava pools are also doing the same making forest burn when they were unticked for this exact reason (water + lava pools spawning no matter what)
9. biomes that are flooding when shouldnt be or just have a layer of water over most of the terrain like a giant shallow river that shouldnt also have flooded underwater caves.
10. cave features now spawn above ground the one i specifically found in my testing was the lush caves were before they would properly put it underground it was spawning on top all my grass was instead moss with clay and water and lush cave plants like drip leaf were everywhere
11. some structures are spawning incorrect example my custom tree that worked last update only works 50% of the time now where it places on grass properly sometimes now it floats 1-6 blocks in the air and even sometimes it floats 10 blocks in the air usually over a lake or dripstone water area even though i have it only being able to spawn on grass blocks
this is all true as of mcreator V2022.1.19518 and date of 5/8/2022
Edited by TheCartoonWizard on Mon, 06/13/2022 - 21:51