No brewing recipe support for JEI

Started by catgocri on

Topic category: Help with modding (Java Edition)

Last seen on 12:57, 5. Jun 2022
Joined May 2022
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
No brewing recipe support for JEI

While I was making recipes for my mod, I realized that the brewing recipes I added weren't visible in JEI's interface, while recipes for my items, blocks, etc were visible. Is there a way to make the custom brewing recipes appear in JEI?

You can possibly use code to…
Thu, 05/12/2022 - 18:58

You can possibly use code to implement them. Unfortunately, brewing in vanilla is the only recipe type that is done via code, not by .jsons file, so it is not that easy to inherit them for JEI.

Not sure if handcoded mods refer to vanilla recipes more accurately, so they support JEI more easily than MCreator ones.
But even if so, remember that MCreator is specifically created as "pattern software", so users can change anything in any moment - this good thing for users, but unfortunately it means that some code is less "according to handcode standards", because it's physically impossible to mix these two things. Hence JEI support is not really a thing, and although it isn't denied that it can be added someday, I wouldn't raise our hopes up (mostly because MCR would need to depend on additional software/mods, which is not ideal for developers and can heavily slow down development).

If you'd like to get a workaround which isn't strictly coded, I could suggest making either brewing book item with some custom images of your mods' potions, or making section in Patchouli guide dedicated for brewing recipes.

Sorry for so long essay ^^'

Last seen on 12:57, 5. Jun 2022
Joined May 2022
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
That's a great idea! I'll…
Fri, 05/13/2022 - 14:31

That's a great idea! I'll try to implement a recipe book, thanks for all the help! :>

Last seen on 06:25, 8. May 2023
Joined Mar 2023
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Ever figure out how to fix…
Sun, 05/07/2023 - 07:27

Ever figure out how to fix this?