Biomes aren't generating in normal world (1.18.2)

Started by Cool_tellow on

Topic category: Help with modding (Java Edition)

Last seen on 02:26, 7. Aug 2023
Joined Oct 2021
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Biomes aren't generating in normal world (1.18.2)

I have not had this issue in previous versions. 1.16.5 worked like a dream; same goes for 1.17. I created a new biome, edited the generation settings as I pleased, changed the spawn weight to 11. It doesn't generate too my knowledge. At least, a weight of 11 might just be small for the new 1.18 terrain generation, but /locatebiome pulls up nothing. I can't exactly use the singlebiome world since it doesn't truly represent what it is. With the single biome world, your low lying biome meant to be lower down but relatively flat is forming mountains and huge dips that the custom structures weren't designed for at all. I tried putting terrablender in the mods folder in the run but that just makes me unable to run the test version. The only solution I could think of instead of turning the weight to like 50 would be exporting the mod and combine it with terrablender in let's say, a custom curseforge profile. That, however, is extremely unordeal whenever you need to test a biome multiple times in order to see what's wrong, and times those attempts by how many biomes you're doing. If it is as simple at turning the biome weight up, I'll attempt it right after I write this. I probably should have tried it before making this post. Sorry if this is a bit of a rant, I just don't know what to do or how to fix it.