Joined Jun 2022
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
New to modding, need help with structures and animations

Hello forum. My brain has reached it's limit so I have made an account for some assistance.

Using: Blockbench, Mcreator 2022.1, Minecraft Forge 1.18.2

1) I made a mod that mostly works apart from 1 issue, bears are meant to spawn in caves ( Custom Structures ) so I built them and spawned bears inside them. When a structure loads they spawn but sometimes half/more of the cave fails to spawn at all. on occasion it fully spawns as intended.

I saw some threads about it but was very quickly confused on how to fix it

2) Again I am very new to this, maybe a weeks worth of experience in total, I pretty much ( i think ) understand pivots but to get better animations tutorials kept mentioning Geckolib ( Which to my knowledge is no longer supported? ). Is there another way to animate mobs that would be compatible with what I have been using? For example making fins and tails on a fish smoothly move? If not is there a way to do it with pivots/another method in mcreator?

Most of this I assume will be trial and error while I learn how this all works. Thanks for the time to read this and Hello forum o/

Last seen on 11:59, 11. Aug 2022
Joined Feb 2022
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
About Geckolib, it is an API…
Tue, 06/14/2022 - 06:10

About Geckolib, it is an API that allows you to make custom animations other than the basic ones that MCreator can do.

It isn't "no longer supported", it's just that there was a plugin which added it and you could make them using procedures, but it wasn't updated yet for 1.18.2. Geckolib is still being updated, and you can use it through adding custom code, which for you have the Geckolib official wiki. It might be hard to understand, so make sure to watch some tutorials on both java syntax and geckolib animation making

Last seen on 06:13, 28. Aug 2023
Joined Jun 2022
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Ah so it was just the plugin…
Tue, 06/14/2022 - 07:13

Ah so it was just the plugin that stopped being worked on/updated? 

What sort of programs would I need for coding/animating? I tried Intellij at one point but quickly got lost in tutorials to even understand how to start editing a mod. It would need to be a tutorial based on the previous version, 1.18 since I am not moving anything to 1.19 until everything is compatible. Is there a particular video/set of videos for brand new coders that people on here rate highly? I figure it is better asking here after looking at the Geckolib discord and realizing that any requests for help with an Mcreator based mod would just get me banned lmao.