Joined May 2022
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Particle Render Bug

I don't know what I was doing or what I changed when it started, but, particles in my mod are creating an odd visual glitch where horizontal white lines flicker over the particles (Also, they scale on how far the player is.)

Using the mod externally still had the horizontal white line glitch around particles

(Its hard to grab an screenshot of, so, I'll provide the .jar instead if requested)

Last seen on 23:03, 28. Aug 2023
Joined Nov 2022
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
I also have this problem…
Sat, 11/26/2022 - 19:04

I also have this problem. Attached are screenshots of my light pink particles in game as well as a video of the glitch. My particle image is just a 1 pixel dot in the center of my png file. I've also attached images of the current particle settings in MCreator for the block they emit from as well as the settings for the particle itself. The glitch lines appear to be exactly the same, having 4 dashes of white where the 2 dashes on the right of the glitch are closer together than the left 2 dashes. The particle glitch is most noticeable up close.

Video (youtube, unlisted): https://youtu.be/oYI_XoQHQc8

Images (imgur album): https://imgur.com/a/Y0mszj1

1) In the first image, you can see the white lines on both the left and right of the black concrete wall. There are 2 glitch lines on the left, and 1 on the right.

2) In the second image, 2 glitches are visible, one on the bottom right, and another almost completely in the center.

3) The third image shows my png file, 16 x 16px.

4) The fourth image shows the block (VoidAnomalyOre) settings in MCreator that the particles should emit out of. I want the particles to shoot upward (like embers from a fire, but straight up and unaffected by air currents).

5) The last image shows the particle (VoidAnomalyOreParticle) settings for this block in MCreator (there is a different particle file with the same png that emits from a different block, and has the same glitch. It's less pronounced since the particles don't shoot too far out of that block, so I didn't include it).

Hope this helps to resolve the issue!