Joined Aug 2019
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
I can't import a mod into the test environment to test tag compatibility

I am trying to import one of my other mods into the test environment (which can be done by putting the mod in the mods folder in the workspace) so I can make them compatible,  but a crash occurs:

by the way, I have tried putting them in my normal Minecraft folder and running the game, and it works, so there aren't any conflicts

Here is the pastebin with the console log because the BoDy CoNtAiNs WoRdS tHaT aRe NoT aLlOwEd On ThIs WeBsItE: https://pastebin.com/zpGwM6Xk

Test environment is…
Sun, 07/17/2022 - 22:10

Test environment is different from normal Minecraft run, so unless you use API / create dependency in code, there's no way for test environment to use mods from outside.

I know it's more tedious, but you can still export the .jar, run Minecraft normally, test the feature, and come back to the drawing board if it doesn't work. Of course turning on the logs in settings is useful in such case, since you will not have MCreator log to keep track of possible issues' prints.

Last seen on 02:55, 20. Jul 2022
Joined Aug 2019
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
There is a tutorial on…
Sun, 07/17/2022 - 22:23

There is a tutorial on youtube (https://www.youtube.com/shorts/XPzMqYPt8_c) that shows importing the mods working without any dependencies.

Also, what do you mean by "create dependency in code?"

If you have such correct and…
Wed, 07/20/2022 - 06:03

If you have such correct and working tutorial, then why you ask? ;)

In normal circumstances, modding environment works different, so as far as I know, what is shown on video is not possible without touching anything in code. After all, if it was such easy, you wouldn't be here, and plugins like this one wouldn't be created (btw found this plugin yesterday and thought of this topic - you can give it a go, should probably help with your case).