User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Inconsistencies Overriding Vanilla Recipes [SOLVED]
Sat, 10/28/2023 - 19:02 (edited)

I've been trying to override a couple of recipes to include some modded materials- specifically, the clock, lodestone, jukebox, and crossbow recipes. I've been able to successfully do this in the past by setting the recipe to use the 'Minecraft' directory and replacing it with the registry name of the recipe I want to replace. Previously, I was able to overwrite vanilla recipes, and even change whether they were shapeless or not. However, for some reason, these four recipes all refuse to work.

I've tried locking the code and modifying the existing code for each recipe from minecraft's data files, using this directory; I've also tested the same recipe tweaks with vanilla ingredients, and it still has no effect. Finally, I've tried loading the same recipe tweaks from previous projects into my current workspace, and they all work fine. It's just a couple of specific items that don't seem to want to have their recipes changed.

I'm almost certain I've got the names right, (Though it's worth noting Mcreator's list of Recipe registry names is not up to date.) Any ideas?

Edited by Mindthemoods on Sat, 10/28/2023 - 19:02
Last seen on 22:26, 16. Oct 2023
Joined Oct 2023
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Currently having (what I…
Fri, 10/13/2023 - 02:08

Currently having (what I THINK to be) the same issue, gonna try push this notification to see if it can get some love.

What I'm having issues with is editing tool/armour recipes, they work with the regular vanilla recipes, but when I try to craft it with the modded one nothing happens.

Hopefully this'll get a reply for the sake of both of us, but honestly I'm not holding out much hope. If nobody does, good luck finding out how to do it (Yes, the post is old, but the sentiment still stands)! :D

Last seen on 00:55, 28. Mar 2024
Joined May 2022
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
I've solved this issue; the…
Sat, 10/28/2023 - 19:02

I've solved this issue; the probem is that for some reason MCreator doesn't put specific recipe overrides into the correct datafile. If you make a datapack or something, (or just get the vanilla recipes off of MC Assets , and modify them in notepad or something), you can then paste them into your mod's recipe folder and successfully override the broken recipes. (The file explorer is this weird hidden tab on the left hand side of the workspace- or you can just open the workspace folder and find the correct data folder in SRC.)

I still have no idea why this is an issue at all, but at least there's a solution for it. I can send some examples if ya want.

Last seen on 16:43, 27. Mar 2024
Joined Jun 2020
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Hey Mindthemoods I'm having…
Wed, 03/06/2024 - 00:57

Hey Mindthemoods I'm having this issue with my mod. Can you show me some examples?