Custom Block Step Sound

Started by Mariojacob7red on

Topic category: Help with modding (Java Edition)

Last seen on 15:17, 18. Apr 2024
Joined Feb 2021
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Custom Block Step Sound

Hi everyone. I know that there is another forum post with the exact same title as mine, but I have a different situation.

First, I'll go ahead and mention that I use MCreator 2020.2 and have been making my mod for a map I started 3 1/2 years ago when 1.12.2 was out.

What I have implemented so far is when a player walks on top of the block I made, using the "When entity walks on the block", it will play an ogg file I added to my mod.

Here's the problem: When I walk on the block, it keeps on playing the sound file repeatedly every split second. I have been trying to figure out how to make it only play the 1 second in length file only one time. Here's a link to the video I have unlisted on my YouTube channel to explain what I mean. --> My Mod Problem

Any help would be appreciated on how I can figure this out. :)

Last seen on 19:15, 8. Feb 2024
Joined May 2022
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
maybe try using: "while"…
Sun, 09/25/2022 - 10:40

maybe try using: "while" instead of "when"

Joined Feb 2021
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
I'm still having the same…
Sun, 09/25/2022 - 22:07

I'm still having the same problem even while trying to do what you said.

I'll keep trying any ideas that anyone gives me, but I might still just put that on the back burner for now until I get farther along with my map and want to start implementing my mod into it.

Last seen on 13:29, 22. Feb 2024
Joined Jan 2024
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Is the problem still not…
Thu, 02/15/2024 - 18:08

Is the problem still not resolved?

mcreator has a section with custom sounds, but only if you use this particular setting, which is built-in, then one step is played. But I didn't really understand how to make it accurately reproduce different steps when walking. 

Joined Feb 2021
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
No. Just like the last time…
Fri, 02/16/2024 - 01:08

No. Just like the last time when I posted that comment, I put that on the back burner of ideas for right now and I'm just going to focus on everything else first.

I just know that there's gotta be a way to fix that without me having to update my MCreator version, or as a last resort, having to go into the java code of my mod to manually change anything.