Attempting a custom Amethyst-like Crystal type, crystals not growing or oriented correctly

Started by LilyRad on

Topic category: Help with modding (Java Edition)

Last seen on 15:21, 21. Oct 2022
Joined Oct 2022
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Attempting a custom Amethyst-like Crystal type, crystals not growing or oriented correctly

I followed the tutorial on the subject and used the procedure, so I'm not really sure what's going on wrong here. They won't advance past level 1 of growth, and they're all facing upwards (and thus floating if they're not on top) regardless of which side they spawn on.

Everything else seems to be working properly, though.

Last seen on 15:21, 21. Oct 2022
Joined Oct 2022
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Image of what I'm dealing…
Fri, 10/14/2022 - 12:02

Image of what I'm dealing with right now

Last seen on 14:24, 2. May 2024
Joined May 2022
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Did you make sure the…
Fri, 10/21/2022 - 13:13

Did you make sure the crystal blocks have 6-side rotation? I haven't seen the tutorial, but I imagine you'd do it something like this:

• Make the base block, (the thing that makes the crystals), have a random chance of placing a small crystal on an available side on random tick, changing the direction of the crystal block based on which side it chooses.
  • Make the small crystals replace themselves with the next stage on random tick, again making sure to save the direction of the previous crystal as a local variable, and then setting the direction of the new crystal to the same as the local variable.

...Anyways, I'd look into the direction stuff, and make sure things are random tick based.