Suggestion: "Redstone Hardpower a Full Block at 'x' 'y' 'z' for one Tick" Procedure Block

Started by Mr.Mofu on

Topic category: Feature requests and ideas for MCreator

Last seen on 20:35, 10. Nov 2022
Joined Oct 2022
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Suggestion: "Redstone Hardpower a Full Block at 'x' 'y' 'z' for one Tick" Procedure Block

Looking up Redstone and MCreator, you find a Troubled past where around 2 years ago a rework of Redstone Procedures and Features was announced, and yet there has been barely anything as of yet.

Yet Redstone remains one of the most important things in modded Minecraft, with most Mods incorperating some form of Redstone compedability. Needless to say, the lack of being able to do anything slightly more ambitious with it in MCreator is quite the issue. That is why I want to suggest something in regards to it, to maybe even get the ball rolling on more redstone related things.

Examples:

My Suggestion in this post is a Procedure Block which can Hardpower a Block for one Tick at specified cords.

"Hardpowering" is a Redstone term Coined by MumboJumbo and describes when any Full Block gets full Redstone strenght, so that it basically starts acting as a Redstone Block. You can take Redstone Signals from a Hardpowered Block without the use of a repeater.

As an example, a Pressed Button Hardpowers the block it sits on. Or a Redstone Torch Hardpowers the Block above it. Or a Powered Repeater running directly into a Block Hardpowers said Block.

For a Visual Example I will link to a Tweet I made which Shows both what Hardpowering is and why a Procedure like this could be much needed. https://twitter.com/ReallyNeedsAHug/status/1582844011215130624?s=20&t=R9MeaHVSg_Eeot5v_RXH5w

On the right you can see the Lever Hardpowering a Block, which powers its sorounding blocks. On the right you can see a Keypad from the Mod im working on. Right now, there is no way to make the Keypad Behave like the lever does. There is no way to Hardpower a Block.

Suggestion:

My Suggestion as the title already says is a Procedure Block That basically looks like this: "Redstone Hardpower a Full Block at 'x' 'y' 'z' for one Tick".

I am pretty sure it is pretty self explanatory. For one Tick a Full Block at the specified Coordinates gets hard powered. Now if you combine that with a Random Tick every Tick, that results in a constant Redstone Signal.

Thats about it. Only issue I could imagine is when it itself powers the trigger block which depending on how its set up might get a bit funky, but Softpowering is also a thing! (Please just look Mumbos vid up for that)

The possibilitys this Procedure Block are ofcourse huge. Custom Buttons, Levers, repeaters, Keypads and what not could all be possible!

Thanks for coming to my TED Talk