Help with making pistons and animating them using the Geckolib plugin

Started by Samozoid on

Topic category: Help with modding (Java Edition)

Last seen on 12:27, 23. Nov 2023
Joined Sep 2021
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Help with making pistons and animating them using the Geckolib plugin

I watched the NTWG MCREATOR LIVE: Pistons Live Stream on their attempt to re-create minecraft pistons and see some potential on this idea but because i lack sufficient knowledge on how to do this properly i will give you the run down on how it could work, maybe someone else will try this?

So how this could work would expand on the original attempt as my version of their piston would have a delay to match the animation speed of piston arm which will summon an invunerable entity which will play an animation of the piston arm moving while grabbing the type of block infront of itself and making invunerable falling blocks which their positions are offset to the piston arm and when the animation is complete the falling block will be despawned and the piston head block spawned. 

As i am trying to recreate the original piston mod, when the animation is played any entity or block will be flinged in the direction of the piston. How block flinging will work is that any sand type block will automatically become a tile block and be flinged like how the player does.

Like any normal person, i legitmately tried to fix their attempt at pistons unlike my previous posts but anyways i ran into many problems such making the delay work with their code aswell as trying to make the entire piston brake if someone breaks the piston. Their code was definately spagetti code in my opinion.

I will post my source code for those who are intrested.

Last seen on 12:27, 23. Nov 2023
Joined Sep 2021
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
beep boop
Sun, 01/01/2023 - 17:56

beep boop