Joined Aug 2022
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
How do I compile MCreator on a mac?

Hello, MCreator 2022.3 on mac has a very annoying error (Click the link to see the main topic for this error) that causes MCreator to freeze completely when a workspace from 2022.2 is automatically regenerated. To prevent this, I downloaded the source and removed the code that starts the automatic regeneration, since the manual regeneration works fine. When I use gradle run build or gradle runMCreator it works fine, but I would like to compile the code to a proper executable, but don't know how.

Can anybody tell me how I compile the source code to an executable for mac (Of course the method has to work on a mac since I use one)?

PS: Sorry if this is the wrong forum section, I don't know really where to post it

The code to compile…
Fri, 11/18/2022 - 22:44

The code to compile MCreatore has been made to run on Windows only. If you want to compile it, you will need to write your own code as WIndows and Mac, Linux/Unix don't work the same way in their core.

That is not entirely true…
Sat, 11/19/2022 - 16:04

That is not entirely true.

MCreator can be exported on Windows and Linux. In fact all binaries publicly downloadable are compiled on Linux.

You will need to use Linux VM for example, and export using gradle exportMac task

If you figure out why this…
Sat, 11/19/2022 - 16:05

If you figure out why this happens (without removing this code part but finding true solution), we can merge fix into core.

We would fix this if one of devs could reproduce this.

Last seen on 12:31, 22. Jan 2024
Joined Jul 2017
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
instructions to reproduce on…
Wed, 05/17/2023 - 19:43

instructions to reproduce on a mac (i have a mac and sometimes the "regenerate code and build" button causes mcreator to freeze, the steps listed below are tentative but may help in reproducing the issue):

- go to /Users/[username]/MCreatorWorkspaces/[modname]/src

- edit some of the files in the src folder

- go to the workspace of the mod you just edited and click the "regenerate code and build" button

from my experience, it only freezes after i edited some of the code in the src folder

i was renaming some of the mod elements, and that sort of worked fine, but it caused a few errors such as this one, it didn't usually get in the way of making the mod though because in many situations you don't need to regenerate the code

Last seen on 00:05, 19. Apr 2024
Joined May 2019
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Yes, this is an issue, we…
Wed, 05/17/2023 - 21:39

Yes, this is an issue, we are not entirely sure how to fix it. MCreator can now be exported on macOS though.