Topic category: Troubleshooting, bugs, and solutions
I've encountered an odd issue in one of my workspaces. When loading a world, whenever new chunks start loading, the game stops ticking everything. This is what I've discovered so far, and, seeing as I'm fairly certain I didn't change anything substantial before this occured, I genuinely have no idea what's causing it:
- The bug only occurs when new chunks are loaded; when initially entering a world, it works fine, and with regular performance.
- Shortly after entering, however, things stop updating. Chunks still load, and the day cycle still advances; but gravity blocks do not fall, ticking blocks do not tick, and entities no longer have AI and remain frozen in place. New entities cannot be spawned, and commands no longer function.
- There isn't much of a performance hit when this happened, though chunks take much longer to load in while everything is frozen.
- It seemingly doesn't affect my superflat test worlds.
- This problem only occurs in the one workspace; and thus perhaps has to do with size? The mod has over 1500 elements, but most are blocks and items and things that shouldn't affect performance.
- When the mod is exported, the error only occurs when teleporting long distances; there also isn't any issue loading chunks in while other parts of the game are frozen. However, the error is otherwise identical.
- This error did not occur in previous versions, and no significant changes have been made to the mod since. As far as I can tell, it only became an issue after downloading the latest snapshot.
Any thoughts? Am I missing something obvious?