Required Loot Table Name Already Used

Started by PixelPix on

Topic category: Help with modding (Java Edition)

Last seen on 17:58, 18. Oct 2023
Joined Nov 2022
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Required Loot Table Name Already Used
Sun, 11/20/2022 - 23:41 (edited)

Hey there.

I am creating a loot table for a block. When I set the block to use loot tables it gives me the exact name registry that it needs the loot table to have in order to work. That name is already used by the block, however, so when I attempt to create the loot table using the required name it gives me "This name is already used." I can see this being done successfully in the tutorial guides I've watched, so I'm sure I must just be missing something.

Tldr:

- Created block that uses loot table

- Block tells me the exact name registry the loot table needs to have in order to work with the block

- The name can't be used because the block already uses that name

- Changing the block name doesn't help, as the required name registry for the loot table updates to the new block name, which brings me back to square one

Block properties, loot table tooltip:

Attempting to create the loot table it says I need:

Result:

Edited by PixelPix on Sun, 11/20/2022 - 23:41
Last seen on 20:08, 17. Apr 2024
Joined May 2022
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
The name of the element…
Sun, 11/20/2022 - 23:50

The name of the element doesn't matter- when you create a loot table, it will ask you to input a name for the loot table in the game files. You can name your loot table whatever you want, and as long as you set the registry name to the proper block/mob, it should work. (For example, in this case, it should be something like blocks/red_plant_stage_7.) To be clear, you don't need to name the element this, you just need to set the registry name to something like that once you've created the element.

Last seen on 17:58, 18. Oct 2023
Joined Nov 2022
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Thank you, appreciated!
Sun, 11/20/2022 - 23:59

Thank you, appreciated!