User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Custom Dimensions Do Not Render After Mod Version Update
Wed, 11/23/2022 - 00:56 (edited)

I am making a mod that has two custom dimensions, however only one of them uses a portal. I'm using bone blocks has the portal material and a custom item to light it. I originally made this for 1.18 however with the new MCreator update I tried changing it to 1.19. Everything went smoothly and still works, except for the dimensions. The name registries do not show when typing (/execute in ...) and the portal does not function. You can still light it however trying to walk through it yields no result. I walk straight through it with 0 resistance. After checking the console I think I know the cause of the problem but I don't know what I'm really looking at. I have looked through several topics covering this issue but none seem to have any realistic solution (ex. deleting the dimension) or have any solution at all. I have also tried to regenerate the code but to no avail.

Edits: 

• I have tried deleting the cache files but it did not change anything.
  • I've learned what memory pointers are. In the Portal Attempt console log, it states that the function to enter my dimension cannot be invoked because the pointer (p_9180) returns null. This tells me that it cannot find my dimension and that the necessary element/function is either missing, being misplaced, or failing to load on build.
  • In a last ditch attempt I deleted the dimension elements to remake them. Upon deleting them my gradle cache got corrupted, so I redid those. After reloading the cache I got an error message saying some elements didn't compile correctly, so I regenerated the code. After regenerating the code, my cache was corrupted AGAIN so I reloaded the entire gradle folder. This fixed the corruption and so I rebuilt the dimension and to my utter disappointment, nothing changed. Same problem, same error. I'm starting to believe this is a bug with the new version of MCreator.
  • Its been a couple days, I made a new workspace to test a new dimension in 1.19 and WOW! Dimensions just straight up do not work. Now I KNOW theres nothing wrong with my workspace. Hopefully I can at least get some kind of response or this bug can be fixed soon. 

I have the console output below, for the world build and the portal attempt. If anyone with a better knowledge of what this stuff means can take a look for me I would be very grateful.

New Test World Generation: https://pastebin.com/Rk2V9dDD (before I attempt to portal)

Portal Attempt: https://pastebin.com/PjiNbXg (pointer error at line 23)

Thank you!

Edited by Lefturd on Wed, 11/23/2022 - 00:56
Last seen on 18:55, 8. Apr 2024
Joined Jun 2018
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
I've been wondering if I'm…
Fri, 12/16/2022 - 01:14

I've been wondering if I'm the only one who had this problem. I can't believe nobody replied to this thread, considering it's such a huge issue. I haven't even seen it on the changelog for the next update on 2022.4. 

Last seen on 18:55, 8. Apr 2024
Joined Jun 2018
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Also, the generation feature…
Fri, 12/16/2022 - 01:17

Also, the generation feature to generate plants and blocks straight up doesn't work in 1.19 either. I'll try and see if it works in 1.18

Last seen on 11:49, 19. Jul 2023
Joined Nov 2020
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
@Hellfax Yeah it's very…
Thu, 12/22/2022 - 00:44

@Hellfax Yeah it's very strange. A suggestion to the issue would be nice at least. My biggest worry is that this is an isolated problem and something with my computer or files is causing it. If I can find anything on this problem I will keep this thread updated.