GUI Stopped Working

Started by KingSolomon on

Topic category: Help with modding (Java Edition)

Last seen on 01:08, 28. Aug 2023
Joined Nov 2021
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
GUI Stopped Working

I've been working on this mod for a long time, but all of a sudden one of the main GUI stopped working. I could navigate to it, but the buttons on it no longer worked despite me not changing anything regarding it. All I did was create a few GUI for a separate purpose with variables that aren't related to the first GUI at all.

I even restored an old backup and tried working from that but the same thing happened. When I added a few more GUI mod elements I would go to test in game and that same GUI would be unresponsive when I clicked on it's buttons. It would even give me an error code once clicked: https://pastebin.com/7rb58XYg 

I also counted how many GUI mod elements that I had and I believe it's 123, is that too many for the program to handle or have I overlooked something else? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Last seen on 23:12, 13. Aug 2023
Joined Nov 2020
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
have you tried rebuilding…
Wed, 11/23/2022 - 18:36

have you tried rebuilding the code? click the hammer and bandage buttons at the top right and see if that fixes it

Joined Nov 2021
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
I gave it a try and it still…
Thu, 11/24/2022 - 02:50

I gave it a try and it still didn't work. I'm gonna try to reduce the amount of GUI's I have and see if that works.

Joined Nov 2021
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Apparently that was the…
Thu, 11/24/2022 - 21:45

Apparently that was the issue, so I'll have to try to consolidate as many GUI's as possible to display information using variables since apparently there's a limit to how many GUI's you can have.