Include other mods items in mine recipie

Started by DTM on

Topic category: Help with modding (Java Edition)

Last seen on 19:42, 8. Feb 2023
Joined Jul 2021
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Include other mods items in mine recipie

Hello Everyone,

i want a make a recipie that includes other mods items like from mekanism Steel and from mystical agriculture the infernium seed. How can i get these to items in my recipie in MCreator? 

Last seen on 20:08, 17. Apr 2024
Joined May 2022
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
You're going to need to get…
Tue, 12/27/2022 - 17:34

You're going to need to get the Mod IDs of the mods whose items you want to use. This is easy enough if it's one of your own mods, otherwise you might be able to find it in the mod menu. Failing all else, you might just have to ask the devs.

Once you've got the mod-id, (it should just be the title of the mods, probably with underscores), and the names of the items, (the names in the code, not nessisarily the display names), make your recipe using vanilla items, then lock the recipe, and replace the vanilla items with the modded ones. The vanilla items should be, (for example), something like Minecraft/iron_bar. You'll need to put the mod ID first, followed by the item. Once you're done, this should work, though it'll be a bit annoying to test since it's pretty hard to load multiple mods in an MCreator client.