Joined Nov 2019
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Rustic Storage mod Expansion

While my Rustic Storage mod was a simple Storage and Decor Mod, I have been questioning how to expand it.

https://www.curseforge.com/minecraft/mc-mods/rustic-storage

Adding additional Decor elements such as chairs, couches, beds, and tables seems simple enough, but does also leave a lot of room for interpretation. Mainly in the interpretation of what Rustic means, and what design elements to consider incorporating as it can cover quite a range of history.

When the though of Iron Cooking Stove crossing into the possibilities, so does adding in cooking and farming elements.

Farming would mean new crops as well as recipes and foods. Lettuce, tomato, onion, bacon, and fried eggs are the fist to come to mind, but then there is milling potatoes and wheat into flour.

Another aspect of rustic living would be some transportation elements such and animal drawn carts or hand carts.

Final area of consideration would be tools, weapons, and armor as it would round out the feel of living in rustic times.

Basically, I am feeling overwhelmed with possibilities to expand on the concept, and stuck circling back around to what a Rustic Lifestyle would entail. Trying to clarify further on my own doesn't seem possible as I cannot quite get the concept narrowed down enough to know what the scope should be based on. Event the definition of Rustic covers far to much to help beyond giving a 200 year span of history to look at, as it includes the 18th and 19th centuries (1700 to 1899) of North America and parts of Europe.

narrowing down the location and time period that one tends to think of when they here something called "Rustic" seems to be the biggest issue in a mod focused on such a concept.