Plant arent tick updating

Started by Amagis21 on

Topic category: Help with modding (Java Edition)

Last seen on 01:06, 21. Dec 2022
Joined Dec 2018
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Plant arent tick updating
Tue, 12/20/2022 - 03:23 (edited)

Hey everyone, I saw that someone else had posted a similiar problem as mine about 5 months back, but had gotten no responses, so I thought Id try my hand instead.
Ive got a 3 stage growth plant thats not calling its growth procedure. I know the growth procedure works, because I tested it by making its activation event "player right clicks", and it worked PERFECTLY. But the plants arent calling it on a tick update. And yes, I DID make sure the "force plant ticking" box was checked in the plants advance properties, and the growth procedure is set to "update tick" in the triggers section.
But no matter how hard I try, these cotton plants REFUSE to obey my commands, and do as their told. >: ( Any help would be appreciated!!
If you need the growth procedure, Ill do my best to type it out for ya, as I dont know how to post the pic (or even take a screen shot)
if= is (x) (y)-1 (z) the same block as "farmland block"
do;
      if= is (x) (y) (z) the same block as "baby cotton plant block"
      do; Remove block at (x) (y) (z)

Place "teen cotton plant block" at (x) (y) (z)

The next stage is the same procedure, so no need to retype it.

Edit: I believe Ive resolved this actually. Apparently, making a plant with the actual "plant" element, is not the way to go, but to make it an actual block.
Edit Edit.: Mcreator team, could we possibly add crop like plants to the "plant" element section, I think it might help out in the long run. :3

Edited by Amagis21 on Tue, 12/20/2022 - 03:23
Last seen on 01:31, 14. Mar 2023
Joined Nov 2022
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
False plants that are plants…
Tue, 12/20/2022 - 14:55

False plants that are plants disguised as a block is how I do my multi-stage plants too, it gets easier the more you do them :D