How do I change where an item is held when in 3rd person

Started by Nayethunn on

Topic category: Help with modding (Java Edition)

Last seen on 15:31, 11. Nov 2023
Joined Jan 2023
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
How do I change where an item is held when in 3rd person

I made a 2d gun sprite and it looks great in 1st person view but when in 3rd person its handle is inside steve's arm. is there a way to change the sprite's position in 3rd person to fix this?

Last seen on 22:16, 19. Apr 2024
Joined Jan 2021
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
You would need the handle…
Tue, 01/17/2023 - 19:15

You would need the handle part in the image to be where handles for pickaxes and swords are and that would make it difficult to fit a gun in that small frame, you would probably be better of making a 3d model gun with blockbench where you can change the posision of the model.

Last seen on 20:08, 17. Apr 2024
Joined May 2022
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
You can also manually change…
Tue, 01/17/2023 - 20:00

You can also manually change how an object is rendered. If you lock the code of an item, you should be able to open the file that handles rendering. Inside, you can change the position, rotation, and scale of the object in third and first person.

Last seen on 18:20, 19. Apr 2024
Joined Jun 2020
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Hey, this is a old post but…
Sun, 02/04/2024 - 03:26

Hey, this is a old post but there's a very simple way. Search for the item file you want to modify: Just go to assets file in your mod files, go to models, select items, and find the .json of the item you want to modify. Once found go to blockbench and open this .json file (in blockbench click file>open file> go to the same file you found your item .json and open it). Now go to Display (Up right corner) and you can change how the item is displayed in pretty much every way. Cntrl + S to save the model directly on the mod file and it should be good to go.