how to make a flat dimension

Started by nembirde on

Topic category: Help with modding (Java Edition)

Last seen on 16:45, 21. Jul 2023
Joined Feb 2023
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
how to make a flat dimension

hello,

i'm trying to make a dimension for 1.18 that's equivalent to a superflat world. i've made a biome that should be entirely or almost entirely flat in the latest stable version, and made this the only biome in my dimension, but assumedly because of the worldgen types the biome spawns with hills. is there a good way to achieve a flat dimension? all of the older topics on the subject seem to be irrelevant now.

Last seen on 02:45, 27. Mar 2024
Joined Dec 2019
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Unfortunately, You can't…
Sun, 03/05/2023 - 03:50

Unfortunately, You can't make them flat.
Biomes in the latest versions, they're no longer affecting the terrain. Terrain only affects biome spawning and it could cause vanilla and custom biomes to compete for the same spot.

Last seen on 16:45, 21. Jul 2023
Joined Feb 2023
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
that much is fine, i have it…
Wed, 03/08/2023 - 02:08

that much is fine, i have it set not to spawn naturally so it shouldn't compete for anything. but i assume in that case i'd have to patch in custom terrain gen somehow to get it flat, like using actual superflat gen or writing my own (and honestly if that's the case i don't think i can be bothered just to make a creative portal for my friend; i have everything else working so natural gen is fine)

Last seen on 23:31, 20. Nov 2023
Joined Sep 2023
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
if you do figure out how to…
Thu, 10/05/2023 - 00:10

if you do figure out how to achieve this special type of tertian could you please notify me because i would very much like to make a super flat dimension