• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Help with Nerdy Geckolib animated block
Sat, 04/08/2023 - 11:18 (edited)

Hello, 

I use the NerdyGeckolib plugin to animate blocks, this plugin is awesome, congratulations to the developer! (2023.1)
But I have a problem when animating one of my blocks.
I would like to make a door that opens and closes when the player clicks, so I made a block with animation "0": the door is closed, animation "1": the door opens, animation "2" the door is open and animation "3" the door is closing.
But I don't know how to make animation 2 play in a loop as long as the door is open. I tried doing on every tick, the door checks if it is open, then it plays animation 2, but doing this makes it impossible for me to close the door.
I also tried making 2 different models, an open door and a closed door, but direction and tag problems make my life complicated...
Is there a way to make it so that when an NBT tag is active, the base animation which is "0" here changes to "2"? Or another way, like blockbench's "Hold on last frame" option?
Waiting for your answer, have a nice day and thank you!

Edited by RPJOF on Sat, 04/08/2023 - 11:18
Last seen on 21:01, 9. Apr 2023
Joined Apr 2019
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
I just watched a video, and…
Sat, 04/08/2023 - 11:16

I just watched a video, and it seems that my "Hold on last frame" function does not work on my Mcreator! I reproduced exactly the same manipulation as the person, and it doesn't work like on the video, do you have an idea?

Last seen on 22:27, 12. Feb 2024
Joined Nov 2020
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
i got adviced to reinstall…
Fri, 05/05/2023 - 06:01

i got adviced to reinstall geckolib plugin on blockbench and tutorial shows to configure geckolib model settings to change type to block (by default its entity).

Don't expect geckolib to work, I too have problems with this plugin such as only idle animations being played.

Btw try to check 'loop' in animations settings.

Last seen on 17:43, 10. Dec 2023
Joined Aug 2023
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Yeah I'm having the same…
Wed, 08/23/2023 - 16:50

Yeah I'm having the same problem

Last seen on 04:46, 14. Mar 2024
Joined Nov 2023
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
my blocks are animating now…
Thu, 12/07/2023 - 09:34

my blocks are animating now without me even telling them to do it.. lol i just put the block and it start to animate in Loops no matter if i pick 'Play once' or 'Hold on Last'... is geckolib know these problems? i mean the hole point of this plugin is animate stuff lmao