• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
How do I change Gradle version in MCreator
Tue, 04/11/2023 - 01:01 (edited)

Hi, 

How do I have MCreator load an older version of Gradle? I can't see anyway to do so within the editor itself, and I tried downloading an older version of Gradle directly from the team behind Gradle but MCreator will always build the latest version and thus, will not function. I have attempted to remove Gradle 8.0.2 files and only have the 7.6.1 version in the place where MCreator builds Gradle to but without any luck. I have tried uninstalling MCreator and redownloading it multiple times but without any luck in fixing the issue. the exact error log is attached at then end. I would request help in a timely matter, because as it currently stands, I cannot use MCreator and I have no current idea of how to fix this problem. maybe, when MCreator gets updated too a more advanced version will fix this problem but that has not happened at time of writing.

any help is appreciated. 

Executing Gradle task: build 
Build info: MCreator 2023.1.10610, forge-1.19.2, 64-bit, 32680 MB, Windows 10, JVM 17.0.5, JAVA_HOME: C:\Program Files\Pylo\MCreator\jdk, started on: 2023-04-09-10:32:11 

FAILURE: Build failed with an exception. 
* Where: 
Build file 'C:\Users\[MyName]\MCreatorWorkspaces\the_captains_armory\build.gradle' line: 10 
* What went wrong: 
A problem occurred evaluating root project 'the_captains_armory'. 
> Failed to apply plugin 'net.minecraftforge.gradle'. 
   > Found Gradle version Gradle 8.0.2. Versions Gradle 8.0 and newer are not supported yet. 
* Try: 
> Run with --stacktrace option to get the stack trace. 
> Run with --info or --debug option to get more log output. 
> Run with --scan to get full insights. 
* Get more help at https://help.gradle.org 
BUILD FAILED in 59ms 

BUILD FAILED 
Task completed in less than a second 

Edited by Captiancombat65 on Tue, 04/11/2023 - 01:01