Custom circular explosions

Started by Alfa on

Topic category: Help with modding (Java Edition)

Last seen on 16:07, 28. Apr 2023
Joined Apr 2023
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Custom circular explosions

I am currently working on making an explosives mod for the modpack I will be using in my server. I am making some explosives that are quite large. I have noticed the the native 'explode' function becomes very cubic past a certain threshold of explosion power/size. The size of the destruction is also capped. This means it seems impossible to make very large explosives using the native explode function. If I am wrong about this, please let me know how I can bypass these limitations.

My current theory is that I will need to create a custom explosion function to both exceed the native limit of destruction and also create realistic cirular areas-of-effect from the explosions. Admittedly, I find it much easier using the procedures over manually typed functions, so if you have a function / procedure already made that you can show me, I should be able to understand it and edit things to my specific needs. But could you also explain (if using a function for the custom explosion) how I would call that function to run (trigger the explosion) with a specified radius for each different explosive.

This is an image of the cubic shaped hole that the explosives create, this is also the limit of the size of explosion with the native explode function.

Minecraft Screenshot

Many thanks in advance! 

Last seen on 01:09, 14. Apr 2024
Joined Jul 2023
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Have you figured this out…
Sun, 01/28/2024 - 03:50