User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
How to make a better dash.
Wed, 05/03/2023 - 20:32 (edited)

I am trying to make a better dash than just speed and I'm trying to do it with the "Attempt to override motion vector of Event/target entity to vx: vy: vz". In other words, I mostly just want to know how to detect the exact direction the player is facing and make them dash. Does anyone know how to make it so that happens in any direction or suggest a better block to use?

Edited by Stickles376 on Wed, 05/03/2023 - 20:32
Last seen on 11:49, 16. Jul 2023
Joined Dec 2017
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
ok, so this is how i did it…
Sun, 05/28/2023 - 21:28

ok, so this is how i did it. First get the x, y and z block positions from the players look angle and it's block distance away(you can find tutorials on youtube). Then take the players x, y and z coordinates minus the x, y and z player look angle block coordinates in the attempt override motion block to make player move in whatever way the player is looking at. You may notice the strengh of the procedure is a bit high so divide the numbers in the override motion block with any number, but the higher the number the weaker the entire procedure(If you're wondering why this,  it is because the override motion block works on applying a force towards the set block coords, and gets stronger with higher numbers and vice versa). Hope this is clear enough.