I want to create races and a custom projectile but I have no idea how

Started by SleepyAsh on

Topic category: Help with modding (Java Edition)

Last seen on 19:58, 1. Jun 2023
Joined Apr 2023
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
I want to create races and a custom projectile but I have no idea how

Howdy!! (:

Yesterday I've discovered MCreator and I'm truly impressed by all those possibilities, but I couldn't figure how to do 2 things I wanna put in my mod, neither with tutorials, nor with forum posts, and that's why I want to seek some help here (:

So, the first thing I want to do is a scythe that shoots smaller rotating scythes with particles and stuff when swung. I don't think a ranged item is what I want to go for since I don't want it to be bow-like, it should shoot a scythe when just swinging it. Sadly I have no idea how to make that custom projectile ):

The second thing I want to do is a race. I want to make it possible to become a vampire with different abilities and stats, but for that I found even less information or tutorials.

I already downloaded blockbench and figured how to use it, since I'm a blender modeler I think I'll have no problems with the models.

I would appreciate your help, thank you in advance!! 

Last seen on 19:20, 25. Jun 2023
Joined Mar 2020
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
I believe the scythe can be…
Mon, 05/01/2023 - 00:20

I believe the scythe can be done by having a ranged item object that doesn't have a creative tab, model, etc. However, the projectile model should be made. We are going to use that as a projectile.

Then, what you would do is have a custom item (which would be your scythe) and put a custom procedure on it so that, when we right click in the air, on an entity or on a block, we shoot a projectile at the source entity/target entity location facing their direction.

If you want ammo you can check if players have an item in their inventory and then if they do, take the item away on use of the scythe

For the race, you can probably just show a gui to the player like "would you like to be a vampire" or something and then give them items/potion effects/attributes (like the /attribute command) if yes (use procedures). You can also use a variable to do this, using the values 0 and 1 (0 is not vampire, 1 is vampire) and then give effects and attributes if they are a vampire.

Hope this is helpful!

Last seen on 19:58, 1. Jun 2023
Joined Apr 2023
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
That sounds good and I…
Mon, 05/01/2023 - 04:02

That sounds good and I already tried to do the ranged item method, but I want the projectile scythe to be a custom model that spins and maybe has some effects, but I can't set my animated geckolib scythe as the projectile model, only "Java models", but I don't know how to animate them. Maybe I don't need geckolib for that at all but I don't know another way to do the scythe like that though-

And for the races, this sounds good and I will do it like that. I don't know if it works the way I imagined yet, and I will post here if not (:

Thank you for your help! 

Last seen on 01:03, 25. Nov 2023
Joined Oct 2019
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
MCreator provides the…
Mon, 05/01/2023 - 04:12

MCreator provides the ability to make simple things that already exist in Minecraft. However, complex mechanics can only be done by coding. You can make a bow analog with a custom projectile model, but for what you want, you need to code a custom projectile. 

Also, using commands in mod logic kinda kinky, since commands are needed for debugging.

Last seen on 01:03, 25. Nov 2023
Joined Oct 2019
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
If you want to get on the…
Mon, 05/01/2023 - 04:18

If you want to get on the right path in modding and are considering MCreator as a learning software, you can contact me on Discord and I will answer your future questions.

Obscuria#1686