Joined Apr 2021
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Tree Feature Type

I've been working on a mod for a bit, but right now, if you wanted to make trees the way most other trees are made in Minecraft (using features), you can add them to your mod manually, but there's no way to make them generate in the world.

To add them, you have to first create the configured feature file, I just found a generator online for configured features, and then you can fill out the file path required for configured features:

resources/data/[Mod Name]/worldgen/configured_feature

And then put the .json file into your newly created folder (Just create a new json file and copy+paste the contents into it) and it now is in the game! (In the 1.19.2 generator and above, you can use the /place feature [Mod Name]:[Feature] command to spawn it in.

The issue with this method is that currently it's obviously not supported by MCreator, and I have no clue how to make these trees naturally generate.

I'm assuming this is being worked on, as it just makes sense, but we've been asking for custom trees for forever, and now that we have a good portion of features natively supported in MCreator, trees should be the logical next step.

Last seen on 14:00, 24. Apr 2024
Joined Feb 2018
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
There is a Feature Mod…
Tue, 05/02/2023 - 15:38

There is a Feature Mod Element as of 2023.1 :)

Last seen on 19:22, 18. Apr 2024
Joined Jul 2020
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
I'm pretty sure they were…
Sun, 08/13/2023 - 23:46

I'm pretty sure they were talking about adding custom trees to the feature mod element. They directly mention the feature mod element twice, which currently lacks trees.

Last seen on 00:24, 22. Apr 2024
Joined Mar 2024
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Looks like importing these…
Thu, 04/18/2024 - 03:24

Looks like importing these is a one way ticket kind of deal, I can't edit them without mcreator rebuilding them back the way they were, and I have no idea how I could lock a file that isn't visible from in mcreator.