• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Task :compileJava FAILED, pls help me

i try to run my mod with th geckolib but it not working

Executing Gradle task: runClient
Build info: MCreator 2023.1.10610, forge-1.18.2, 64-bit, 3531 MB, Windows 11, JVM 17.0.5, JAVA_HOME: D:\...\MCreator\jdk, started on: 2023-05-05-17:20:23

> Configure project :
The code of this workspace uses official obfuscation mappings provided by Mojang. These mappings fall under their associated license you should be fully aware of.
(c) 2020 Microsoft Corporation. These mappings are provided "as-is" and you bear the risk of using them. You may copy and use the mappings for development purposes,
but you may not redistribute the mappings complete and unmodified. Microsoft makes no warranties, express or implied, with respect to the mappings provided here.
Use and modification of this document or the source code (in any form) of Minecraft: Java Edition is governed by the Minecraft End User License Agreement available
at https://account.mojang.com/documents/minecraft_eula.

> Task :compileJava FAILED
FAILURE: Build failed with an exception.
* What went wrong:
Execution failed for task ':compileJava'.
> error: release version 17 not supported
* Try:
> Run with --stacktrace option to get the stack trace.
> Run with --info or --debug option to get more log output.
> Run with --scan to get full insights.
* Get more help at https://help.gradle.org
BUILD FAILED in 5s
1 actionable task: 1 executed

BUILD FAILED
Task completed in 5 seconds
Last seen on 22:27, 12. Feb 2024
Joined Nov 2020
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
idk if you will still haveā€¦
Fri, 05/05/2023 - 11:20

idk if you will still have those errors but enable java plugins and enable geckolib in extarnal APIs.

If you have something wrong with animated entity then:
- Reinstall geckolib utilities plugin for blockbench,

- Check (in blockbench) if geckolib settings are correct with what you are making,

- Animation file must be only 1 per entity (save all animations and use export button (saves all animations in 1 file) inside animations tab in main menu).
- Check if file names for model and animation start with same name for example name.geo.json and name.animation.json.
- Check if you put animations ids in inputs in animation section in mcreator.
  (you can't put file name bc this simply won't work)(to check those ids you go to blockbench and check how did you name your animation or open the file).