Why do we only download 2-3 versions of Minecraft?

Started by Kopra on

Topic category: Website and community discussion

Last seen on 14:47, 13. Aug 2023
Joined May 2022
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Why do we only download 2-3 versions of Minecraft?

Hello! Why do we only download 2-3 versions of Minecraft? Why not allow Mcreator to create mods for both 1.12.2 and, say, 1.19.2 in the same version? You see, I create mods. They can be big or small and I want to port each one to all versions of Minecraft so that players can enjoy the mod on their favorite game version. Why all these difficulties? Perhaps you will tell me, "Just download the 1.12.2 generator and port it." I will immediately say that it is simply impossible because 1.12.2 does not even appear, and if possible, only with a lot of difficulties. Generators are often non-functional or semi-functional.

Every time we add a new…
Mon, 05/08/2023 - 15:25

Every time we add a new feature or fix a bug, it would have to be applied to the code of all versions supported.

This means a lot of work that is not possible by the core team working on this in their free time.

This is why we added plugins so if there is interest for a certain version, support for it can be added by the community using plugins.

Last seen on 14:47, 13. Aug 2023
Joined May 2022
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
OK, thanks a lot
Tue, 05/09/2023 - 11:26

OK, thanks a lot

Last seen on 14:00, 24. Apr 2024
Joined Feb 2018
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
@Klemen Is it possible to…
Tue, 05/09/2023 - 13:51

@Klemen

Is it possible to make an rework of the Workspace where you create a Global Workspace for your Project and inside of the Workspace you can create Sub Workspaces for the specified Project for each Version of Minecraft for your Mod?

Here is a small Presentation what I mean:

• Global Workspace(The Workspace you actually create)
    • Sub Workspace (1.18.2)
    • Sub Workspace (1.19.2)

What I mean is that you can create for each Version a Workspace inside of the Project Workspace. For now if you want to develop a Mod for 2 Versions you need to create 2 seperate Workspaces and with the Feature what I explained would the 2 seperate Workspaces in one Workspace as Sub Workspaces.

You can use one workspace…
Tue, 05/09/2023 - 18:36

You can use one workspace and switch between the versions. If you for some reason don't want to use the switcher, you can put both workspaces into a sub-folder for separation