Is it possible to change an item's texture without changing it's model?

Started by Catnip on

Topic category: Help with modding (Java Edition)

Last seen on 17:06, 18. Apr 2024
Joined Apr 2023
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Is it possible to change an item's texture without changing it's model?

I would like to know if this is even possible, as I have been searching for a way to do this both in MCreator and outside of mcreator, and I have had no luck so far.  I want to do this without using additional models because I would like layered textures (like tinker's construct/ tetra).  I don't need to know exactly how to do it, I just want to know if it is possible without overriding how Minecraft renders items.  I want to know if it is even possible so I don't waste my time trying to do something impossible or incredibly hard to do.  I know I posted a similar topic recently but I hope that this is separate enough from it(asking if something similar to what I want is even possible, instead of asking for a full explanation of exactly what I am trying to achieve).

Last seen on 04:49, 12. Jun 2023
Joined May 2023
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Before I answer, I need to…
Thu, 05/25/2023 - 07:47

Before I answer, I need to know, what model are you trying to alter in particular?

Last seen on 17:06, 18. Apr 2024
Joined Apr 2023
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
A custom sword, I am wanting…
Thu, 05/25/2023 - 19:12

A custom sword, I am wanting to have several different hilt textures and blade textures that can change dynamically depending on how you make it(using a custom crafting mechanic with nbt)

Last seen on 00:20, 18. Apr 2024
Joined Nov 2023
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
I'm also looking for help on…
Tue, 02/20/2024 - 19:24

I'm also looking for help on this topic. If you would like to, you can add me on discord, and we could keep one another updated on any progress made towards this subject.